- Reservations must be received by April 28, 2017.
- The Tour is based on 20 or more participants.
- There is a maximum of 50 participants for this tour.
- The tour is accompanied by an English-speaking guide.
- In case the number of 20 participants is not reached, the tour is cancelled and your fee refunded.
- Cancellations are accepted until April the 28th 2017. No refund can be made for cancellations received after April the 28th 2017.
- Tour vouchers must be collected from the Registration Desk on the day of the Tours depart from Politecnico di Torino where the Tour Guide will be bearing the I²MTC2017 Conference logo sign. Participants are kindly invited to be there at least 10 minutes before departure time.
$175 USD (22% VAT INCLUDED)
Friday May 26, 2017
9.30 – 18.00/18.30
Visit to the Langhe
Don’t miss the opportunity to experience an unforgettable enogastronomical tour immersed in the wonderful landscape of the Langhe region, among wineyards, hills and medieval castles. The Langhe is a hilly region in Piedmont, famous all over the world for its excellent products: the great wines (Barolo, Barbaresco, Nebbiolo and Barbera), good food and truffles.
An excursion dedicated to knowing this magic territory, tasting its renowned products and try the exciting experience of truffle hunting guided by dogs.
- Visit to the WIMU Wine Museum, Italy’s most innovative wine museum, as well as one of the world’s most important, opened its gates to the public in September 2010. It is set in the heart of a territory that is famous for its wines, and in the halls and rooms of a castle with a thousand-year history;
- Visit to the wine cellars of the Marchesi di Barolo and wine tasting; Lunch in the castle’s restaurant, the “Foresteria Marchesi di Barolo”, furnished with valuable pieces of furniture and wooden floors, to taste typical Piedmontese dishes, with a great attention to the quality of the products and combination with the most suited wines.
- Transfer to Costigliole d’Asti to experience the traditional “truffle picking” and visit to the “trifulau's house”: picking items, furniture, images and memories of the past
- Truffle tasting with local fine wines
Cost includes: coach, lunch, admission fee, tastings.