The Instrumentation and Measurement (I&M) Society is currently accepting applications for new Distinguished Lecturers (DL) for the Distinguished Lecturer Program (DLP). The DLP provides I&M chapters and technical events around the world with talks by experts on topics of interest and importance to the I&M community. Our lecturers are among the most qualified experts in their field. More details on the DLP can be found at: http://ieee-ims.org/education/distinguished-lecturers-program
DLP Evaluations are conducted in person each year at I2MTC. This year, I2MTC is in Torino, Italy. Details on the Evaluation Meeting will be posted on the I&M website (http://www.ieee-ims.org/) and the I2MTC website (http://imtc.ieee-ims.org/).
Suggested topics for DL presentations include (but are not limited to):
- Laser/Optics (including Fiber Optic Sensing)
- Measurement Precision, Sensitivity, and Noise
- Measurement Fundamentals (accuracy, trueness, repeatability, resolution, etc.)
- Calibration and Calibration Periodicity
- DC Measurements
- Biomedical Instrumentation and Measurements
- Robotics/Automated Measurements
- Nanotechnology in Instrumentation and Measurement
- Big Data and Metrology
- Measurement for Food Safety
- State-of-the-Art of Traditional Measurements and Instrumentation (Digitizers, Voltmeters, Spectrum Analyzers, etc.).
To apply, submit a PDF file that includes the following:
- Title of Presentation
- Presenter's name and affiliation
- Abstract of the presentation topic (between 500 and 1000 words)
- A biography of the presenter (limited to 150 words)
Applications will be accepted through 11:59pm (CST) on May 1st, 2017. Proposal presentations selected for an evaluation slot must be must be no longer than 12 minutes, and must be presented in person at I2MTC.
For questions or to submit your application, contact the DLP Chair, Kristen Donnell, at email@example.com.