Reservations must be received by April 28, 2017.
- Tours are based on 20 or more participants.
- Both program tours are accompanied by an English-speaking guide.
- In case the number of 20 participants is not reached, the tour is cancelled and your fee refunded.
- There is a maxiumum of 50 participants for this tour.
- Cancellations are accepted until April the 28th 2017. No refund can be made for cancellations received after April the 28th 2017.
- Tour vouchers must be collected from the Registration Desk on the day of the Conference.
- Tours depart from Politecnico di Torino where the Tour Guide will be bearing the I²MTC2017 Conference logo sign. Participants are kindly invited to be there at least 10 minutes before departure time.
$165 USD (22% VAT INCLUDED) for the entire program
Tuesday May 23, 2017
15.00 – 19.00
Visit to the Royal Palace – Palazzo Reale
In the heart of Turin, facing onto the splendid Piazza Castello, Palazzo Reale was the city residence for the royal court. It was the nerve centre of the capital of the Savoy State, but also the backdrop for magnificent receptions. In 1946 the palace was made a Museum of the life and works of the House of Savoy. In the salons and in the private apartments it is possible to admire precious frescoes, paintings, tapestries, furniture and chinaware, important evidence of art from the 17th to the 19th century. The visit will be followed by the Merenda Reale, a delicious break with tasting of hot chocolate and fine patisserie in the royal atmosphere of the Caffé Reale.
Cost includes: public transportation tickets, Merenda Reale, tour guide, admission fee.
Thursday May 25, 2017
10.30 – 16.00
Visit to the Villa of the Queen - Villa della Regina and lunch to Circolo dei Canottieri Esperia
The Villa della Regina is a wonderful royal palace built on the Torino hill at the beginning of the 17th century as a private villa for the Savoy Family, based on the design of a Roman villa, with its garden and fountains, surrounded by farmed areas and woodland. Damaged by the bombing of 1942 and left in a state of abandon, it has been recently opened to public after a decennial restoration realized with private and public donations. Inside there are frescoes, paintings and precious Chinese Cabinets in lacquer and golden wood. The restoration has also restored the Villa’s vineyard as the scenic backdrop to the historical urban Via Po/Via Villa della Regina axis, as conceived in the original project of its construction.
Lunch at the restaurant of Circolo Canottieri Esperia (a rowing society whose head office belongs to the city historical heritage). An exclusive and elegant place looking onto the river Po, with a beautiful view on Piazza Vittorio and the famous Murazzi, the embarkments along the river Po that were once used to park boats and became one of the crucial points of Torino nightlife with live music, DJ sets, clubs and bars.
Cost includes: coach, admission fee, tour guide, lunch.